Court Support Worker
NEW DIRECTIONS for Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Problems
Addiction Court Support Worker/Counsellor
1 Full-Time Permanent Position
Location: Owen Sound
Our program is operated by HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services and is funded by the South West Local Health Integration Network to provide community-based addiction services for individuals and families affected by substance abuse and/or problem gambling. We also provide services to benefit people with concurrent mental health and addiction problems.
We are inviting applications for 1 full-time Addiction Court Support Counsellor position, based in Owen Sound.
The worker will provide court support/liaison and clinical services for eligible individuals with substance abuse issues who have come into contact with the Justice system. Clinical duties include screening, assessment and treatment planning, consultation, community treatment and case management. The position may also involve some community work, including educational presentations. The position involves regular travel within Grey-Bruce. Work hours are somewhat variable and some evening work may be required.
• 4-year Degree in Applied Health or Social Sciences with clinical training in assessment and counselling
• Membership in a regulated professional college/association is required.
• Minimum 3 years recent and relevant clinical experience in community addiction treatment
• Knowledge of the Justice System and related legislation would be an asset
• Sound clinical judgment and strong assessment and treatment skills
• Demonstrated skill in working with individuals, families and groups
• Clinical training and proficiency in the use of motivational interviewing and CBT
• Clinical training and experience related to concurrent disorders and the adult mental health system would be an asset
• Excellent organizational and relationship skills
• Advanced communication skills, including public presentation and writing skills
• Ability to work well with community and professional groups
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers for word processing (Word), email and data entry
• Experience in rural service delivery would be an asset
• This position requires a valid driver’s licence, use of a personal vehicle and a criminal records check, including a vulnerable sector screening
HopeGreyBruce is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome employment applications from people with disabilities and provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 21, 2018
Interested applicants are invited to send detailed résumés, specifying salary expectations to:
Dave Roy, Director of Addiction Programs
HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services
1101 2nd Avenue East, Suite 207
Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 2J1