CHOICES: Drug & Alcohol Counselling for Youth
Permanent Part Time Position
CHOICES is one of ten community-based mental health and addiction programs operated by HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services. The program is funded by the South West Local Health Integration Network to provide community-based addiction services for youth with substance abuse problems and those affected by the substance abuse of a significant other. The program is based in Owen Sound and provides extensive outreach across Grey and Bruce counties. We work closely with other health and social services which serve youth and their families.
We are inviting applications for a permanent part time Youth Counsellor position. The position is currently funded for part-time 0.60 FTE (22.5 hours per week). We have temporarily increased the hours to full-time (37.50 hours per week) until March 31, 2018, subject to available funding. This position is based in Owen Sound and requires regular travel throughout a large rural catchment area.
With supervision from the Manager of Addictions, the counsellor will provide assessment, treatment planning and counselling for youth and their families. The positions may also involve community work, including educational presentations for professional and community groups. Work hours are somewhat variable and some evening work may be required.
• 4-year degree in Applied Health or Social Sciences with clinical focus on assessment and counselling
• Must obtain and maintain membership in a regulated health profession
• Minimum of 3 years recent and relevant clinical experience in counselling, including at least one year in addictions or mental health counselling with youth
• Sound clinical judgment and strong assessment and treatment skills, including proficiency in motivational interviewing and CBT
• Excellent communication, organizational and relationship skills
• Ability to work well with community and professional groups, experience with presentations and public education would be an asset
• Experience in rural service delivery would be an asset
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers (Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel)
• Maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure
• A valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for daily use are required
• A current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
HopeGreyBruce is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome employment applications from people with disabilities and provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 11, 2017
Interested applicants are invited to send detailed résumés, specifying salary expectations to:
Janet Hilts, Human Resources Manager
HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services
1101 2nd Avenue East, Suite 206, Owen Sound, ON N4K 2J1