The Brockton and Area Family Health Team Is inviting applications for a Clinical Telemedicine Coordinator – RN or RPN
Permanent Full-time Position, 37.5 hours per week
In partnership with HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services, we are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse to work in our Primary Care Telemedicine Program. This program supports improved access to primary care for adults with mental health and/or addiction problems. This position is based at the HopeGreyBruce Owen Sound office, with regular travel to the Brockton and Area FHT site in Walkerton and other satellite sites in Grey Bruce required.
Working with a Nurse Practitioner, the Clinical Telemedicine Coordinator will provide a range of direct and indirect clinical services and will serve as the Telemedicine Coordinator for the program. The services of the Telemedicine Coordinator and the Nurse Practitioner will primarily be offered via the Ontario Telemedicine Network and will be coordinated and integrated with local mental health, addiction and primary health care services. The Telemedicine Coordinator will participate in program planning, implementation and evaluation, and will assist in the delivery of primary care and telemedicine services in accordance with professional standards, best practice guidelines, and legislative and funder requirements.
• Provide direct and indirect clinical services, including patient screening, assessment, follow-up, patient and family education, consultation, referral, and liaison with other health care professionals
• Provide logistical assistance in planning, scheduling and hosting of OTN sessions, including clinics, and providing associated client support
• Develop and demonstrate expertise in the use and care of OTN equipment
• Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Excellent health assessment skills, sound clinical judgment and decision making skills
• Experience in the delivery of primary care with ability to provide education about health promotion and disease prevention, and chronic disease management
• Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and challenges of people with a mental illness and/or addiction
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and members of an interdisciplinary care team
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Clinical experience in the mental health/addictions field would be an asset
• Experience with OTN and telemedicine would be an asset
• Proficiency in the use of computers and information technology
• Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
The Brockton and Area Family Health Team offers an interesting, challenging, and supportive work environment, the ability to participate in shaping new directions in health care, and a competitive compensation package.
We are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome employment applications from people with disabilities and provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume via e-mail by December 15, 2017 to:
Brockton and Area Family Health Team
21 McGivern Street W
Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.