COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS: HOUSING AND SUPPORT
Permanent Part-Time Position (30 hours per week) – Owen Sound
Community Connections is a program of HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services, and is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care to provide housing and support for adults recovering from serious mental illness. We operate 3 residential settings and provide a range of community support and rehabilitation services throughout Grey Bruce.
We are inviting applications for the position of Program Secretary. The successful candidate will serve as the confidential secretary to the Program Director and will provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support services, including typing and distribution of documents and correspondence, attendance and minute taking at staff meetings and liaison with the program’s external stakeholders, including landlords, referral sources and secretaries at other sites where program staff are based. Other duties include: office and telephone reception; managing petty cash; maintaining filing systems and inventories of office supplies, furniture and equipment; collection, recording and depositing rent payments and other bookkeeping duties as required by the Program Director. This is a permanent, part time position. Work hours generally conform to standard office hours however the position may entail some evening work and occasional overtime during peak periods. We require an individual who can accommodate a flexible work schedule and who has the ability to travel to other work sites on an as needed basis for coverage during illness, vacations, etc. The position is available now.
• Minimum Grade 12, plus two year’s formal business training
• Minimum 5 year’s recent secretarial experience in progressively responsible positions, including at least one year in an administrative support role
• Ability to work collaboratively
• At least one year of book-keeping experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of IBM-compatible personal computers for various office applications (word-processing, email and data entry)
• Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows 2000
• Typing speed and accuracy (minimum 60 wpm) are essential
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Confidentiality, maturity and good judgment
• Maturity, a good sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure in a busy office setting
• Sensitivity to the needs and rights of people with mental illness and/or addiction issues
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a mental health or social services setting
• A valid driver's license is required for this position (proof of this is required upon hire)
• An up to date Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, is required
HopeGreyBruce is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome employment applications from people with disabilities and provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed résumé, including their salary expectations, to:
Janet Hilts, Human Resources Manager
1101 2nd Avenue East
Owen Sound ON N4K 2J1
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 28, 2017