- their use of alcohol or drugs, or about their gambling
- someone elses use of alcohol or drugs, or their gambling
Whom do we serve?
Adults (age 16 years and over) who live in Grey or Bruce counties who are experiencing a problem related to drugs, alcohol or gambling.
How do I know if I am experiencing a problem?
- have you tried to cut down or quit using alcohol or drugs but found it difficult?
- do you hide you alcohol or drug use or gambling from others?
- have family or friends expressed concerns?
- are you drinking or using drugs more often over time?
- are you affected by or worried about a loved ones alcohol or drug use or gambling?
- do you feel badly after you drink or use drugs or gamble?
- do you find yourself spending more time gambling or thinking about gambling?
- have you ever gambled more than you intended to?
The following questions could help you decide whether you are experiencing warning signs of a problem.
What are our services?
Our counsellors can offer you an appointment that can provide:
If you want to explore how alcohol, drugs or gambling affect your life call for an appointment.
Our confidential services are available in Durham, Hanover, Walkerton, Kincardine, Southampton, Wiarton, Meaford and Owen Sound.
What are the hours that services are available?
Our normal office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; evening appointments are also available.
Is there a cost?
New Directions is funded by the South West Local Health Integration Network (SWLHIN) and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. There is no cost for our services.
Can we help you?
- Learn more about the problem
- Assess how it affects you and others
- Find out how to change
- Discuss your concerns with someone you trust
- Get professional help
It is never too late to change: call us today!
Give us a call at (519) 371-1232 or 1(800) 265-3133 .
Sponsoring Agency - HopeGreyBruce Mental Health & Addictions Services