Consumer/Survivor Development Project
Who are we?
The Consumer/Survivor Development Project (CSDP) provides education, consultation and community development services that foster self-help, networking and leadership development for adult consumer/survivors with a serious mental illness.
What services do we provide?
We offer a range of services and supports that include the following:
- support for consumer/survivors. Provided informally on a one-to-one basis or through our various support groups.
- provide information on mental illness, medications and other resources by way of books, videos, internet, etc.)
- start-up assistance for self-help, support groups that deal with serious mental illness or related issues
- provide help to consumer/survivors to understand and navigate the formal and informal Mental Health system
- keep consumer/survivors informed about local mental health issues via the Pivot newsletter
- offer seminars and talks in the community on issues related to consumer/survivors
What kinds of information and support meetings are offered for consumer/survivors?
Mood Disorders Information and Support Meetings - These groups typically meet once a month and offer members an opportunity to meet others dealing with mood disorders and hear how they are coping with similar problems. The groups may also have occasional guest speakers.
Hope and Mental Illness - This structured group explores the concept of hope for those with serious mental illness. It is a time limited group that meets weekly for four sessions. This group has been jointly facilitated by CSDP and Community Connections.
Consumer/Survivor Information Resource Sessions - During these sessions mental health information is made available. Items could include diagnosis specific information (eg. Schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, depression,etc.), general medication information, system resources, etc.
Workshops and Presentations - These occur at various times throughout the year and include such topics as Healthy Relationships, How to Handle Holiday Stress, Leadership 101, The ABC's of Motivation and Boundaries. For more information regarding these and other presentations please call the project.
Whom do we serve?
Is there a cost?
Can we help you?
Sponsoring Agency - HopeGreyBruce Mental Health & Addictions Services